[Repitools-help] Repitools-Question about gcContent argument of cpgBoxplots function

Guillaume Devailly devailly at lyon.fnclcc.fr
Thu Jul 21 12:33:07 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,
I am a France PhD student working in epigenetic. I am currently working
on ChIP on chip data we produced using affymetrix human promoter 1.0R
arrays. I am currently dicovering Repitools which seems very usefull!

I want to do a CpG BoxPlot of my data to see if my favorite protein
binding sites are dependant of CpG density. It seems that the function
cpgBoxplots can do such things, so I decided to try it.
In the help pages of this function, it is said that about the gcContent
argument:
gcContent
A  range of GC content, which only probes that have GC content in the
range are  used for the graphing.
The default value seems to be: gcContent=7:18

However, when I do that, it plot a first graph with a probe G+C content
of 7, then it erase and plot another graph with a probe G+C content of
8,  then 9, 10, 11, ... and finally 18, whereas I intended to do a
single graph with all the probes containing a C+G content between 7 and
18.
Am I doing it the wrong way ? Is gcContent function can do such a thing
?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,

Guillaume DEVAILLY