[Remoterengine-devel] uploaded RemoteREngine.test and RemoteREngine.examples

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Thu Sep 17 16:25:19 CEST 2009

On 09/17/2009 03:06 PM, Romain Francois wrote:

> On 09/17/2009 09:51 AM, Romain Francois wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Since r-forge is now back up and running, I've uploaded initial minimal
>> version of two packages in the project.
>>
>> RemoteREngine.test : will contain testng test suite
>>
>> RemoteREngine.examples : will contain small client-side code examples,
>> it now contains those that were once in the wiki.
>>
>> I do this in separate packages to keep the main package light. I'll trim
>> some things off the main package today or so.
>>
>> Romain
>>

> I have now removed things related to testing from the main package and
> modified the RemoteREngine.test package so that it contains what is
> needed for unit testing using testng.
>
> When the package is installed, using R CMD INSTALL it only __compiles__
> the test case classes. To run them, for the moment, you need to :
>
> - start a server called "RemoteREngineTest"
> - run the file called runtests in the exec directory of the
> RemoteREngine.test package, or use its run function:
>
> $ Rscript -e "RemoteREngine.test:::run()"
>
> This copies files from the installed test package (because you do not
> necessarily have write access where these files live) and runs ant which
> then runs testng.
>
> ATM, R is used to copy files (build.xml and testng.xml) but also inside
> the build.xml (using my R ant package). I'll work on something that
> extracts everything from the package into a zip that can be deployed in
> another machine without R, so that the test suite would just be : "unzip
> the file and run ant" later.

I've updated the build file so that a file called testng.zip gets
created at the root of the installed package. Just unzip the file and
run ant should run the tests (still on the same machine and still
expecting the server called RemoteREngineTest to be running)

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast