[Reddyproc-users] user specified seasons for uStar threshold estimation

Thomas Wutzler twutz at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Thu Jun 2 16:18:39 CEST 2016

Dear Kanisios Mukwashi

> If I want to add the column season (user-specified) how do I go about
> that and what do I put in cells for that column?
You need to provide a column named "season" in addtion to "NEE", "DoY"
etc. in your uploaded data file. All rows with the same value in this
column will be put together to one season. It is up to you which
identifiers you use.

Assume you have the following seasons:

before first rain event:	put a "dry0" in all of those rows
Rain event on March 10th	put a "rain1" in rows from March 10th until the
date where observed fluxes went down again because the water is used up,
say March 25th
				put "dry1" in the rows between events
Rain event on April 13th	put "rain2" in rows until ...

If your data comprises several years, its a good idea to include the
year in the season identifiers.
If you have too few data points in some seasons, you can try pooling
data of several seasons together. E.g. specifying "rain1and2" for both
periods instead of "rain1" and "rain2".

 And if I choose any of the other seasoning options
> (not user-specified) on the input page do I have to change the data
> input format?
No, the two other methods work on the provided time stamps, and only
differ if you provide datasets spanning several years.

Best regards
Thomas Wutzler