[Rcpp-devel] segfault on exit CRAN+Intel only

Murray Efford murray.efford at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 19:03:04 CET 2024

Dirk
Thanks for a very helpful reply. I'll simplify my return values.

I mentioned Intel with rhub2 in my earlier post here, but I'm sorry
that was somewhat buried. Debugging is somewhere between painful and
impossible when my only check is submitting to CRAN!

Also, I had tried valgrind, but that got stuck in Linux on what I
assumed was an unrelated "unhandled instruction" error wrt OpenBLAS.
That appeared unrelated, but maybe we need to factor it in as a
possible interaction with RcppArmadillo. Strangely valgrind sticks on
this --
==2242833== valgrind: Unrecognised instruction at address 0x57d3650.
==2242833==    at 0x57D3650: dot_compute (in
/opt/OpenBLAS/lib/libopenblas_skylakexp-r0.3.23.dev.so)
-- even after I have set options(matprod="internal") in R, so
something else (RcppArmadillo?) must be trying to use OpenBLAS.

Murray