[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp_precious_remove again (Windows)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 23 19:43:17 CET 2023

Maintainer of affected package here:

On 23 January 2023 at 12:20, Dominick Samperi wrote:
| On the changes for R 4.2.0, it is not clear how to distinguish
| R API functions from R internal functions (and this probably
| doesn't matter for Rcpp), but you are correct,
| on closer inspection these changes should not have effected
| the way R_DefParams() was used before R_DefParamsEx()
| was introduced.
|
| It would be helpful if others could test to see if they can reproduce
| the problems I reported. I will submit a pull request when
| ready,

That would be really appreciated! It really sounds like we could do with an
update of some internals, and as seem to have spent some time in that corner
you are likely right now the most qualified person to do this.

| and if there is no objection, ifdefs will be included that
| permit compiling Rcpp and RInside using MSVC (there are only
| a few small changes with most of them applying to RInside.cpp).

I think that is out of scope, and should be not in the pull request, and
RInside repo.

By all means keep them in a branch / fork of yours if that is how you work,
but the RInside package is part of R ecosystem which has a well-established
empty intersection with the MSVC world and toolchains.

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org