[Rcpp-devel] R_Interactive vs R_NoEcho

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Feb 2 04:56:26 CET 2023

On 2 February 2023 at 16:02, Simon Urbanek wrote:
| > On Feb 2, 2023, at 11:41 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
| > Sounds like an r-devel question to me.  Nothing Rcpp related here.  Simon and
| > Tomas both hang out here so if you are lucky they may see it.  Else I'd try
| > over there.
| >

| We do ;). Well, the prompt is part of the echo - in R you can't have a prompt when you are not echoing the command since you'd just see > > > which is not very helpful. But I know nothing about RInside so can't comment on what you are trying to do.

You should look into RInside! It uses constructors (ie RAII) and destructor
behaviour to ensure proper set-up and wind-down of resources! Which are the
very same Rembedding features that, say, Rserve uses.  Was a great idea 15
years ago, and still is.  Unless you longjmp.

Which R does. So we go around pointing fingers at each other.

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org