[Rcpp-devel] Use cholmod modify module in an Rcpp / RcppEigen package

etienne.come at univ-eiffel.fr etienne.come at univ-eiffel.fr
Wed Oct 5 12:35:24 CEST 2022

Hi folks,

I want to use the cholmod functions from the modify module https://github.com/PetterS/SuiteSparse/tree/master/CHOLMOD/Modify inside an Rcpp/RcppEigen R package.

>From my understanding, these functions are not exposed by Rcpp or RcppEigen but RcppEigen expose a subset of cholmod functionalities via the RcppEigenCholmod header (https://github.com/RcppCore/RcppEigen/blob/master/inst/include/RcppEigenCholmod.h) and the actual sources come from the Matrix package https://github.com/cran/Matrix/tree/master/src/CHOLMOD.

I've checked that the modify module is present in the src folder of the Matrix package https://github.com/cran/Matrix/tree/master/src/CHOLMOD/Modify but I'm lost on how to proceed in order to be able to use it.
Any help on the best way to achieve this will be greatly welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Etienne

Etienne Côme, @comeetie
Chargé de Recherche