[Rcpp-devel] IDE

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri May 20 17:56:45 CEST 2022

Not I. But your question is weird.

a) Rcpp is an R package. Unless you are modifying that package, you are not "coding Rcpp". You are either "coding R" or 'coding C++".

b) Clion evidently supports C++. I don't see mentions online that it supports R. Which is not a showstopper... lots of people use dumb editors to program in R... if the advantages for C++ are significant enough to you then you can probably fill in the R side with a terminal running R.

c) Perhaps you might consider VSCode? https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/md0nxr/visual_studio_or_clion/.