[Rcpp-devel] Package does not compile on MAC when running R-CMD-check github action

Simon Zehnder simon.zehnder at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:36:24 CET 2021

Hi Simon,

thank you for bringing this up. As mentioned in the answer to Dirk, I am at
this point not anymore that fluent in C++ as I was some years ago. I am
looking through the classes and I am not yet sure what to look for. What I
see is an error message:

./PriorStudentInd.h:31:14: warning: 'PriorStudentInd::update' hides
overloaded virtual function [-Woverloaded-virtual]

When I look into the class definition
<https://github.com/simonsays1980/finmix/blob/documentation/src/ParStudentInd.h>
I see:

#ifndef __FINMIX_PARSTUDENTIND_H__
#define __FINMIX_PARSTUDENTIND_H__

#include "ParStudentFix.h"
#include "PriorStudentInd.h"

class ParStudentInd : virtual public ParStudentFix {
public:
arma::rowvec weight;

ParStudentInd (const bool&,
               const FinmixModel&);
virtual ~ParStudentInd ()
{
}
virtual void update(const PriorStudentInd&);
};
#endif /* __FINMIX_PARSTUDENTIND_H__ */

Can you give me a hint, what might be the reason here. I have an
intuition that it is due to either the "virtual" class inheritance or/and
the "virtual" method definition that now includes a different parameter
(PriodStudentInd instead of PriorStudentFix).

Best,
Simon