[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp 1.0.7 now on CRAN

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jul 7 20:39:34 CEST 2021

Rcpp 1.0.7 is now on CRAN.  As emailed here on Saturday, we actually needed
to make one change relative to how Modules code from earlier builds is
handled. (And with that I replaced the 1.0.7 version in the drat repo; if you
installed it earlier than today, and "experience symptoms", consider an
update to get the one-line change).

Overall, this release should be fine as you have come to expect from our
releases. Out of over 2300 packages in a reverse depends check, CRAN (and I
earlier) found segfaults in four packages in circumstances that are
suggestive of local issues. I will reach out to the package maintainers,
likely tomorrow, and try to help but I cannot debug each failing package.

A few more comments on the release (and a big "Welcome to IƱaki" ;-) are in
the standard blog post announcing it at

  http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2021/07/07#rcpp_1.0.7

Thanks,  Dirk

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org