[Rcpp-devel] Limit of 20

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Dec 16 17:20:35 CET 2021

On 16 December 2021 at 06:38, Joseph Park wrote:
| As R itself has no practical limit, and, large, ugly parameter lists are
| sometimes unavoidable in API's, I respectfully request consideration to
| relax the limit as design and resources allow.

Please keep in mind that this project is provided by unpaid volunteers. So
you are truly more than welcome 'to request' features, but there simply
cannot be any guarantees of follow-up.  I am sure you understand, I just want
to clarify this, and this seemed to be a good moment to reiterate.

The "Be the change you want to see in the world" mantra applies.  The best
way to ensure something happens is to lead a careful pull request (or set of
pull requests). Or, if one is lucky, get someone else interested in (maybe
chiefly the technical chops of) the project.

Open source is a fantastic way to build software such as this. But it has
limitations to deliverables and timelines.

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org