[Rcpp-devel] Package using Rcpp+openmp - fatal error: 'omp.h' file not found

Naeem Khoshnevis khoshnevis.naeem at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 00:04:57 CEST 2021

Dear All,

I hope this email finds you well and this is a right place to ask this
question.

I recently submitted a package to CRAN (thanks for all supports); however,
it has been archived. According to the email, the installation was not
successful on some configurations. One of them is macOS (the other one is
Solaris).
I am using Rcpp and OpenMP; here are the initial lines of the code:
--------------
#include <Rcpp.h>
#include <omp.h>
using namespace Rcpp;

// [[Rcpp::plugins(openmp)]]

// [[Rcpp::export]]
IntegerVector compute_closest_wgps_helper(NumericVector a,
                                          NumericVector b,
                                          NumericVector cd,
                                          double sc) {

------------------
Please see the following link for the entire code:
https://github.com/fasrc/CausalGPS/blob/master/src/compute_closest_wgps_helper.cpp

The error that I receive on R-hub is:

-------------------
compute_closest_wgps_helper.cpp:2:10: fatal error: 'omp.h' file not found
#include <omp.h>
         ^~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make: *** [compute_closest_wgps_helper.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘CausalGPS’

Do you know a workaround for this issue?
I understand some R developers do not use macOS; however, I have to address
this comment.

Best regards,
Naeem Khoshnevis