[Rcpp-devel] fatal error: RcppArmadillo.h: No such file or directory

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 27 03:52:32 CET 2020

On 27 October 2020 at 10:36, binbinlu at whu.edu.cn wrote:
| Dear all,
|
| I got an incoming check error in Debian when submiting a new version of the package GWmodel to CRAN, of which the detials are as follows:
|
| * installing *source* package ‘GWmodel’ ...
| ** using staged installation
| checking for g++... g++
| checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
| checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
| checking for suffix of executables...
| checking whether we are cross compiling... no
| checking for suffix of object files... o
| checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
| checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
| checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
| Checking for C++ Compiler
| checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes
| checking whether g++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
| checking "Checking environment variable CUDA_HOME"... "CUDA_HOME not set; using highest version found "
| checking for /bin/nvcc... no
| "NVCC not found"
| ./configure: line 2830: 'R' should not be used without a path -- see par. 1.6 of the manual/bin/R: No such file or directory

That is likely your issue. The build needs the (NVidia) compiler nvcc. None
is found.

Could it be that your package does something to the path or settings?

| ./configure: line 2831: 'R' should not be used without a path -- see par. 1.6 of the manual/bin/R: No such file or directory
| ./configure: line 2832: 'R' should not be used without a path -- see par. 1.6 of the manual/bin/R: No such file or directory
| checking for Rscript... yes
| ./configure: line 2875: 'R': command not found
| ./configure: line 2876: 'R': command not found
| building the nvcc command line
| building the cuda include path
| You use staged install
| Your real libray is /srv/hornik/tmp/CRAN/GWmodel.Rcheck/GWmodel
| configure: Building Makevars
| configure: creating ./config.status
| config.status: creating src/Makevars
| ** libs
| g++-10  -std=gnu++11 -fopenmp -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall -pedantic -mtune=native    -I./GWmodelCUDA     RcppExports.cpp -c
| RcppExports.cpp:4:10: fatal error: RcppArmadillo.h: No such file or directory
| 4 | #include
| compilation terminated.
| make: *** [Makevars:76: RcppExports.o] Error 1
| ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘GWmodel’
| * removing ‘/srv/hornik/tmp/CRAN/GWmodel.Rcheck/GWmodel’

That is a likely side effect of the earlier issue.

This is most likely _not_ an issue in Rcpp---we do nothing with NVidia or
CUDA or your path.

Let me know if you need more help.

Dirk