[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] New release RcppArmadillo 0.10.1.0.1 on drat

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Oct 21 17:57:12 CEST 2020

On 21 October 2020 at 16:12, Dr. Bernhard Pfaff wrote:
| Kurt pointed me to:
|
| https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_cccp.html
|
| and in particular the following two warnings (deprecated):
|

| 1)
|
|    Found the following significant warnings:
|      RPP.cpp:24:17: warning: ‘arma::mat_injector<arma::Mat<eT> >
| arma::Mat<eT>::operator<<(eT) [with eT = unsigned int]’ is deprecated
| [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
|

| 2)
|
| Found the following significant warnings:
|      RPP.cpp:24:14: warning: 'operator<<' is deprecated
| [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

One addendum:  When we run reverse depends using R CMD check over all
dependencies, we stop for reports of NOTE, WARNING and ERROR by R.

The deprecation messages are not (yet ?) being passed on from g++ by R, so
"we didn't see them".  The best anyone can do here, really, is to follow the
list, see the announcements and try the new (or upcoming) releases. I wrote
about 0.10.1.0.0 twelve days ago and pointed to a downloadable .tar.gz.

Of course, following the GitHub repo may also be a good idea.

All that, we'll help.  These changes are rare, and generally very much for
the better so I think we all want them to happen even if a forced update is
always a little bit of nuisance.

Happy to discuss other modes of operation if someone has suggestions we have
not heard.

Cheers, Dirk

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org