[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp 1.0.4 release candidate

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Mar 7 15:02:17 CET 2020

Hi all,

It is March already! Which not only means that Spring and March Madness are
around the corner, but also that we should have another Rcpp release at the
current thrice-a-year cadence.

Rcpp 1.0.3.8 is the current tip of master. I more or less continually test it
anyway, and have tested it in the last few days with two complete reverse
dependency runs over all of CRAN (minus a short exclusion list). No new
issues were found, and we have a generally impressively low count of errors.
[1] So it looks ready. Obviously, my local tests as well as r-devel tests
(both on Linux) are also fine.

To facilitate further and more widespread testing pre-release, I just pushed
the .tar.gz in the 'rcpp-drat' repo, so if you install from source try eg

   install.packages("Rcpp", repos="https://RcppCore.github.io/drat")

or one of the other drat or command-line based commands in the README at that
repo at https://github.com/RcppCore/drat

It would be particularly beneficial if those with "unsual" build dependencies
tested it as we would increase overall coverage beyond what I get from
testing against 1800+ CRAN packages.  BioConductor would also be welcome.

If anyone would like a Windows binary drop me a line and I can add a build
from win-builder to the drat.

Thanks for helping to test,  cheers,  Dirk

[1] CRAN is purging packages like never before; one that failed for was just
taken off over night. The removal counts, per CRANberries, are way up this year.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org