[Rcpp-devel] Problem with Rcpp and RcppArmadillo

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 9 17:04:04 CEST 2020

On 9 June 2020 at 07:12, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| On 9 June 2020 at 05:02, Kiros Lo wrote:
| | Thanks, I'll take a look.
|
| Is the code in a repo I could access? It is probably something I can fix for
| you in two minutes which will be quicker than going back and forth by email.

Also: the new RcppArmadillo 0.9.900.1.0 just got on CRAN. Try to get hold of
it; it has a fix for RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton() we needed to make after
the R 4.0.0 release.

With it, try the _simple stuff_:  create a dummy package (by calling that
function).  Build that package.  Install it from the tarball.  Test it.
Ideally do all that with base R commands so that you get an understanding of
them and demonstrate (to yourself) that your machine is set up right.

Then add your preferred tooling or editors or whatnot.  Add things slowly,
one at a time. By doing this carefully you should arrive at where you
(current inoperational via your toolchain) package is and you should also get
a handle and where the "infelicity" was introduced.

There is not other (general) shortcut (I am aware of).

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org