[Rcpp-devel] Problem with Rcpp and RcppArmadillo

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 9 14:01:26 CEST 2020

On 9 June 2020 at 04:33, Kiros Lo wrote:
| Hi there,
|       I am trying to use RcppArmadillo to rewrite a weighted linear
| regression function. But when I try to use devtools::document() to compile

Wrong mailing list?  We don't mention devtools::document() so can't help.

You could try RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton() instead (but be aware of an
issue between R 4.0.0 and Rcpp which is fixed in Rcpp 1.0.4.12 which you can
install from the Rcpp drat).

| the code, an error has occurred:

| ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
| Error: object 'RcppArmadillo' is not exported by 'namespace:Rcpp'

You may have gotten carried away with roxygen2 which is another tool our
documentation hardly or not at all talks about.

Dirk