[Rcpp-devel] Why might loadModule() fail?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Aug 11 21:51:00 CEST 2020

On 11 August 2020 at 20:17, Jeskynar wrote:
| Sorry for the confusion, mxnet is built with VS2019 but the R module is
| still built using RTools.
| Presumably the DLLs are compatible once compiled (after all, mxnet R used
| to work a few years ago).

"Maybe."  It is a less-commonly traveled way to go about it.

And we cannot really help you without a MCVE.

If I were you, I'd take a minimal working demo Modules package, rebuild it to
show it work, and then incrementally (and slowly) add the features that
pertain to your currently broken setup. And rebuild frequently and check to
see it still works.

If it should "just work" as you say, then linking with it and calling an
initializer, or versionGetter, or ... should be enough.  If it doesn't then
you have at least a smaller setup to sort out.

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org