[Rcpp-devel] Debugging Rcpp for Solaris

mike guggis mikeguggis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:03:40 CET 2019

Hello,

I submitted a package to CRAN that passed all checks in RStudio but failed
when it was tested on Solaris (after it was on CRAN). Now I need to correct
the error and resubmit to CRAN. I would like to avoid using CRAN as a
debugging tool. Is there a way to check packages on Solaris? I am using
Windows 10.

The packages checks are here
https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_BiProbitPartial.html

An excerpt of the error is below

BiProbitPartialMCMC.cpp:424:49: error: call of overloaded ‘log(bool)’
is ambiguous
         double SupportRatio = log(abs(rhoStar)<1) - log(abs(rho)<1);
                                                 ^

There is a similar error for the second log function. It seems I can
simply fix it with an if/else statement, but I would like to check it
before submitting back to CRAN.