[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp - libtorrent

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at daqana.com
Mon Feb 11 10:20:20 CET 2019

On 11.02.19 10:09, Morgan Morgan wrote:
> In order to create a prototype would i need to  build the libtorrent
> library? Or would including the source file in the package be enough?

Which OS do you use? With Linux it is easiest to install the library
(plus headers!) via the package manager. On Mac OS you can use homebrew
etc. for this. On Windows it is more complicated, at least until Rtools
4 can be used.

It is in principle possible to include the library code in the package
and have it build together with your code. But that is another level of
complication I would try to avoid as long as possible.

cheerio
ralf

--
Ralf Stubner
Senior Software Engineer / Trainer

daqana GmbH
Dortustraße 48
14467 Potsdam

T: +49 331 23 61 93 11
F: +49 331 23 61 93 90
M: +49 162 20 91 196
Mail: ralf.stubner at daqana.com

Sitz: Potsdam
Register: AG Potsdam HRB 27966
Ust.-IdNr.: DE300072622
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Stefan Knirsch, Prof. Dr. Dr. Karl-Kuno Kunze