[Rcpp-devel] building shared library error with sourceCpp

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at R-project.org
Sat Dec 28 17:45:25 CET 2019

Fatima,

it means you don't have command line tools installed (they are independent of Xcode and Apple OS upgrades delete things, unfortunately) - try

sudo xcode-select —install

That should fix the error you see. However, Catalina broke more things so you may look at the links Dirk pointed out if you get new errors.

Cheers,
Simon