[Rcpp-devel] Segmentation faults

Brook Milligan brook at nmsu.edu
Fri Dec 6 23:48:16 CET 2019

> On Dec 6, 2019, at 3:00 PM, Balamuta, James Joseph <balamut2 at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> The segfault is related to `int main() {}`. There is no need to use `int main() {}` unless you want to make this standalone in which case you want to use RInside to embed R within a C++ application.

I am in fact trying to use this standalone, so I think the problem is that I need RInside.  FYI, that is not entirely obvious from the Rcpp docs.

Anyway, I cannot find any useful documentation on the RInside API.  The example given on the main page illustrates a use of R[], which presumably is a way to call the embedded R.  Where is the real documentation, though?

Thanks for your help.
‘
Cheers,
Brook