[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp Class

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Sep 14 17:14:28 CEST 2018

On 14 September 2018 at 10:58, Dale Smith wrote:
| Hello all,
|
| While I’m not very active in R at the moment, I’m still here.
|
| Dirk ran a class in Rcpp in the fall of 2011.

That was in SF. We also did NY a few years later.

| I’ve not heard of any classes since, but it strikes me that there are
| enough people familiar with Rcpp to run regional classes. This would make
| travel easier. Or, core members of this group could use Udemy. Actually,
| Udemy would reach more people.

I think there is one in the making at datacamp. They had asked me a few
times, I never had enough time -- but I believe Romain worked with them and
something outght to be ready at some point.

I have taught twice at Uni Zuerich (giving a two-day course) in the years
that useR! was in Europe.

I am not aware of anything else that is recurrent but happy to index or
document something.

| I’m available for volunteer efforts to a limited extent.

Good to know!

Cheers, Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org