[Rcpp-devel] Error creating package with RcppArmadillo

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 19:42:43 CEST 2018

I can reproduce if the 'pkgKitten' package is not installed. In that
case, I see in man/<pkg>-package.Rd:

    \examples{
    ~~ simple examples of the most important functions ~~
    }

which of course is just a stub and not valid example code (and so
fails during check).

I think this is just gunk that gets inserted by R's own
package.skeleton(), which pkgKitten normally tries to clean up for
you. See e.g.

https://github.com/wch/r-source/blob/ff36007c3562e8c7a8517ae15196429fd9f8fb6d/src/library/utils/R/prompt.R#L379-L380

tl;dr: install pkgKitten and make your life easier.

Best,
Kevin