[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] Rcpp 1.0.0 (Yay !!)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Nov 8 03:43:34 CET 2018

Those of you who follow Twitter, or RSS feeds from RBloggers or RWeekly, may
have seen that I posted about
  - the ten year anniversary of Rcpp (!!)
  - the fact that I used the 1 and 0 to declare release 1.0.0 (!!!)
  - and the just announced 1.0.0 release on CRAN.

If you missed it, my two blog posts are at
  - http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2018/11/05#rcpp_at_ten_welcome_one_oh
  - http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2018/11/07#rcpp_1.0.0
  - or my Twitter account at https://twitter.com/eddelbuettel

As I tried to say there: It is a really nice story of what we all managed to
accomplish together, so a big fat thank you to everybody who helped along the
way: of course everybody in Rcpp Core (and Dominick and Romain before that),
but also every code contributor, bug reporter, mailing list participant here
and, of course, all users!  We have come a long way and now have a pretty
nice tool, but we aren't done.  There is always something else to do and try
(ALTREP, anyone?  Maybe as GSoC 2019?) but we will continue to do it in a way
that keeps existing code valid and working.

Again, big thanks everyone. It's been a terrific journey so far.

Cheers,  Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org