[Rcpp-devel] Getting different build commands on Linux vs. Mac OS

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri May 4 02:46:08 CEST 2018

On 3 May 2018 at 19:08, Evan Biederstedt wrote:
| Given the R package structure, I was thinking it would be possible to link
| to the C library (not installed with 'sudo make install') via the `-L`
| flag, maybe `-L/something/src/bamdb/build`

This would work if and only if ldconfig exported the (shared) library.

But as we said you do not have (root) access to ldconfig (apart from on your
own machine) so maybe you need to look into static libraries.

And that, just like the rest of thread, has nothing to do with Rcpp per se so
maybe we should not extend this thread any further here.

Doing sys.admin-ing in a portable way across different OSs is not a solved
problem, even though R solved building packages portably for us.

Sorry. I wish I had better news for you.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org