[Rcpp-devel] Makevars portability

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Mar 3 18:32:23 CET 2018

I have an existing legacy.c file with legacy.h interface that I am putting into a package. I figured out how to create an rcpp glue file that uses an extern "C" block to include the .h file so my C++ function can call it.

However, it looks like Rcpp is defining the OBJECTS variable before I put legacy.o in, so I have had to use

OBJECTS += legacy.o

in the Makevars file so it will compile and link the legacy code in along with the object files setup by Rcpp,  but R CMD check complains about portability.

Is there a way to do this that does not irritate R CMD check?