[Rcpp-devel] OpenACC, Rcpp and RStudio on Windows

Emmanuel Hamel manu.hamel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 04:59:06 CET 2018

Hi,

First, I would like to say thank you because you spend time answering my
questions and you are not paid. I appreciate a lot. I will take a look more
seriously at OpenCL. I am mainly interested in "non-implemented
operations". I also think that the problem is related to the fact that it
is "difficult" to make a link between Rtools and nvcc compiler. I have
looked at many R packages for GPU and a lot of them do not seem available
on windows. Finally, If you find the solution of how to integrate easily
OpenACC and Rtools in the future, let me know. I think it would be great to
have a "RcppOpenACC" package. This would enable developers to create
flexible code in C++ (CPU and GPU at the same time!).

Best regards,

Emmanuel