[Rcpp-devel] finding plugins

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Dec 1 19:14:05 CET 2018

Mark,

You still haven't explained what your actual problem is. Or maybe I missed it.

James,

On 1 December 2018 at 17:59, Balamuta, James Joseph wrote:
| Armadillo is not a plugin but a library. Plugins are for changing the C++ compilation standard, enabling OpenMP, or changing the long jump behavior. Examples of built-in plugins can be found here:
|
| https://github.com/RcppCore/Rcpp/blob/b7dc5f16488d5b6f46bf3aadbce3ef06ca72ff3f/R/Attributes.R#L469-L534
|
| Perhaps try with:
|
| cppFunction('//Anything', depends="RcppArmadillo", verbose=TRUE)
|
| Full list:
|

|   *   cpp98
|   *   cpp11
|   *   cpp0x
|      *   older gcc C++11
|   *   cpp14
|   *   cpp1y
|      *   C++14/C++17 standard under dev
|   *   cpp17
|   *   cpp1z
|      *   C++17 standard under dev
|   *   openmp
|      *   Enable OpenMP
|   *   unwindProtect
|      *   long jump behavior

Plus, as I said, all the ones brought by packages using Rcpp as eg this
reasonably powerful one for RcppGSL which sets compile and link options:

https://github.com/eddelbuettel/rcppgsl/blob/master/R/inline.R#L47-L59

Maybe this could even be answered with a proper GitHub search query for eg
Rcpp.plugin.maker.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org