[Rcpp-devel] R_PreserveObject and R_ReleaseObject

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Aug 16 17:55:34 CEST 2018

On 16 August 2018 at 15:20, Simon Dirmeier wrote:
| Thanks, Dirk. I am just trying to understand how R works under the
| surface :/.

That is a noble and good goal.

You may get there faster (and/or appreciate sooner just how helpful Rcpp is)
if you did in plain C(++) and the C API of R only leaving Rcpp out. And which
is entirely doable. We "only" have a usage penetration of around 40+ per cent
of CRAN packages with src/ directories so it is of course entirely possibly
to do without, and a good learning exercise if you are into this type of
question.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org