[Rcpp-devel] Distribution functions threadsafe in RcppParallel?

Murray Efford murray.efford at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 03:41:27 CEST 2018

I read in the RcppParallel blurb "The code that you write within parallel
workers should not call the R or Rcpp API in any fashion", which is
admirably clear. However, it leaves me without threadsafe access to
distribution functions (dpois, dbinom etc.). In practice, so far, these R
API calls seem to work for me, but can they be trusted? Is there an
alternative?

(It seems this question must have arisen before, but I haven't found an
answer)

Murray