[Rcpp-devel] Applying R functions in a cpp method

Sergio Bra sergio.bra88 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:03:43 CEST 2018

Hi everybody,

I want to define a cpp function which has as input an R function, which is
applied to some internal data of my cpp code (st similar to the map
function of the purrr package). An example could be:

my_rcpp_function("mean")

Internally, I'd have a cpp function which applies that R function to some
private data (not visible from the R-side).

My question is if Rcpp provides a way to execute an R function from cpp
code or if my issue is out of the scope of Rcpp and I'd limit to return the
data and apply the R function on the R-side.

Thanks in advance.