[Rcpp-devel] [Release Candidate] Rcpp 0.12.12.5

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Sep 21 18:43:06 CEST 2017

It is September, so we are due for a Rcpp release on the current schedule.
Not too much new code in this, but a _a lot_ of new or updated documention.

So I just put Rcpp 0.12.12.5 into the 'drat' repo of the RcppCore
organization.  You can just do

    Rscript -e 'drat:::add("RcppCore"); install.packages("Rcpp")'

(or you can update your repositories list the old-fashioned way).

Please kick the tires, I plan to send this to CRAN in 48 or 72 hours.  It has
passed a number of reverse dependency tests (always logged in the GitHub repo
'rcpp-logs')

Dirk

\section{Changes in Rcpp version 0.12.13 [unreleased] (2017-09-xx)}{
  \itemize{
    \item Changes in Rcpp API:
    \itemize{
      \item New const iterators functions \code{cbegin()} and \code{cend()} have
      been added to several vector and matrix classes (Dan Dillon and James
      Balamuta in \ghpr{748}) starting to address \ghit{741}).
      \item The \code{tinyformat.h} header now ends in a newline (\ghit{701}).
    }
    \item Changes in Rcpp Modules:
    \itemize{
      \item Misplacement of one parenthesis in macro \code{LOAD_RCPP_MODULE}
      was corrected (Lei Yu in \ghpr{737})
    }
    \item Changes in Rcpp Documentation:
    \itemize{
      \item Rewrote the macOS sections to depend on official documentation due
      to large changes in the macOS toolchain. (James Balamuta in \ghpr{742}
      addressing issue \ghit{682}).
      \item Added a new vignette \sQuote{Rcpp-introduction} based on new PeerJ
      preprint, renamed existing introduction to \sQuote{Rcpp-jss-2011}.
      \item Transitioned all vignettes to the 'pinp' RMarkdown template
      (James Balamuta and Dirk Eddelbuettel in \ghpr{755} addressing
      issue \ghit{604}).
      \item Added an entry on running `compileAttributes()` twice to the
      Rcpp-FAQ (\ghit{#745}).

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org