[Rcpp-devel] Warning when using modules

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 31 17:53:24 CET 2017

On 31 October 2017 at 17:34, Hmamouche Youssef wrote:
| Well, i tried one module exposing one class. But the problem still the
| same. I don't think this is about fixing code, because the problem is
| resolved when i changed the way of loading the module:
|
| *moduleName <- Module( "moduleName" )*
| *.onLoad <- function(libname, pkgname) {}*
|
| Instead of *loadModule ("moduleName", TRUE)*. So the loadModule () function
| that causes this warning.

You are making it difficult for us to help you as we have no idea about your
code.  You have one advantage: you can look at our working packages.

Take RcppAnnoy.  It has one templated class, instantiating three different
Rcpp Modules objects, which are then loaded via

   ## ensure module gets loaded
   loadModule("AnnoyAngular", TRUE)
   loadModule("AnnoyEuclidean", TRUE)
   loadModule("AnnoyManhattan", TRUE)

The one C++ is pretty simple too: it has no repeated symbol, class, module,
or whatever names and loads.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org