[Rcpp-devel] Starting R Interpreter from C++

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jun 14 01:11:16 CEST 2017

On 13 June 2017 at 15:22, Wolf Vollprecht wrote:
| thanks so much for your help. Our tests are up and running on Travis now
| (thanks to RInside!).

I am very happy for you that you got that sorted out and you that you got
scratch that itch -- but allow me mention once more we said here before.
Nobody here tests the way you do. You are putting the cart before the horse.

Test your C++ code from C++ with any one of the bazillion frameworks: catch
(as suggested by JJ who reminded us that it is available via testthat), or
google-test, or Boost test, or ...

Test the R integration from R via tests/ or either one of RUnit or testthat.

| We've discovered one issue, though, when compiling with Clang. It might be of

Minimal and reproducible reports on Rcpp are always welcome as an issue ticket.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org