[Rcpp-devel] Using Rcpp to solve ODEs: LSODE (deSolve) says "Confusion over the length of parms"

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 23 02:50:50 CET 2017

Frank,

That's a pretty long message and a lot of code.  Can you try to distill it
down to a particular (smaller?) issue?

And FWIW I cannot run. After saving your attachment, and installing PopED, I
get

R> source("/tmp/myExampleODE.compiled.R")

Attaching package: ‘deSolve’

The following object is masked from ‘package:graphics’:

    matplot

Elapsed time: 10.425 seconds.
Error in poped.db$settings$optsw[2] <- opt_xt :
  object 'poped.db.compiled' not found

I also recommend the rbenchmark and microbenchmark packages over tic() and toc().

Sorry that I have no quick fix.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org