[Rcpp-devel] [Pre-ANN] RcppArmadillo 0.7.960.1.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Aug 16 15:08:07 CEST 2017

RcppArmadillo 0.7.960.1.0 has been ready for a few days and sitting at CRAN,
due to a seemingly unlucky combination of travel, weekend,, systems outage
and what not.  But it has been five full days now , and nobody has told me
what if anything is non-standard with the package so ... I give up now.

So it is as of now also in the drat repo for the RcppCore org, so just see
the README.md at
    https://github.com/RcppCore/drat
which has the following example which is applicable:

    # first add the repo
    drat:::add("RcppCore")
    # either install just one or more given packages
    install.packages("RcppArmadillo")
    # or update already installed packages
    update.packages()

You can also add the repo URL by hand to options("repos"), or supply it to
install.packages(), or ...  I happen to like drat.

The files NEWS.Rd and ChangeLog have the goods, I make a fuller announcement
if and when it makes it to CRAN.

This release features a lot of excellent Google Summer of Code work by
Binxiang Ni.  Again, more about that if and when we get to make a true
release announcement.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org