[Rcpp-devel] RFC: Rcpp modules vs. RefClass

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Nov 30 05:16:22 CET 2016

On 29 November 2016 at 21:02, Christian Gunning wrote:
| [...] It can be challenging for end-users to distinguish between projects /
| code that is "fully functional but no longer under active development" (ok)
| from directions that code that is "unofficially deprecated".

Point taken.  But it is hard to be succinct about it, but we try. We aim for

 - predictable releases dates (and doing well at a maintained two-months cycle)

 - increased tests over time, and we generally pass all existing tests

ie a release does everything previous releases did, and often a bit more each time.

So stuff doesn't just disappear.  But we have limited time and resources and
cannot expand all aspects all the time.  Some stagnate. C'est la vie.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org