[Rcpp-devel] Help with WARNING msg: checking line endings in C/C++/Fortran sources/headers ...

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Nov 18 13:15:23 CET 2016

On 18 November 2016 at 17:48, binbinlu at whu.edu.cn wrote:
| Dear Balamuta,
|
| Many thanks for your rely. I've tried to use Rcpp::compileAttributes() for
| re-generating the RcppExports.cpp and RcppExports.r files. Unfortunately, the
| warning message is still there. I am wondering whether this problem needs to be
| solved or we can ignore it.  It has bothered too much.  Any more suggestions?

1) Use a standard unix tool like 'dos2unix' on the file. There are dozens
   of them.

2) If this file sits in a code repository, let the repository handle it. For
   eg git you find instructions here:

   https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings/

This has nothing to do with Rcpp use or development so I suggest we stop now.

Cheers, Dirk