[Rcpp-devel] RInside for hft strategy.

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Mar 19 19:46:49 CET 2016

On 17 March 2016 at 12:41, Harry G wrote:
| Thinking of using RInside for predicting a theoretical price for a high
| frequency trading strategy. Strategy is written in C++.
|
| Let's assume I want to use the lm() function.
| Flow i'm imagining:  get the factors in c++ -> have R pre-process them -> use
| the R predict() function.
|
| What is the recommended approach for something like this.  Latencies > 50
| micros matter.

In that case you probably want to stay away from R in all forms, including RInside.

Most people end up using hybrid schemes -- test and train 'off-line' and use
the models and parameters online.  A decade ago I 'invented' a scheme where
the print method for my model emitted valid C(++) header code I could just
compile in ...

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org