[Rcpp-devel] prospects for NetCDF?

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 04:00:30 CET 2016

On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 at 13:34 Sean Davis <seandavi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does it need to be NetCDF, or can you settle for HDF5?  There are a couple
> of HDF5 packages available.

I find HDF5 is way too raw, so you're always writing abstractions from
scratch  - but that might be the best way. I haven't seen an HDF5 R package
that was suitable for the range of inputs yet.

Still, if it were a better target I'd like to level-up and make this a
wishlist for HDF5 that was generally applicable, to the NetCDF4 model and
others (libkea comes to mind).

Either way experiences with Rcpp and HDF5 or NetCDF are welcome.

Thanks, Mike.