[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RcppArmadillo 0.7.400.2.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Aug 26 05:14:05 CEST 2016

Quick post to say that a new RcppArmadillo release is on CRAN, following
multiple rounds on internal testings as well as interm release by Conrad. I
will now try to space these out to not release to CRAN more than once a
month, give or take, but will make updates to the GitHub. Follow that if you
want to know about more frequent updates.  We may also use the drat repos --
let me know off-list if you have preferences either way.

As always, thanks to Conrad for giving a very fine library so vibrant and active.

The text (without links) of the blog post is below.

Thanks,  Dirk

  RcppArmadillo 0.7.400.2.0

   armadillo image

   Another Armadillo 7.* release -- now at 7.400. We skipped the 7.300.* serie release
   as it came too soon after our most recent CRAN release. Releasing RcppArmadillo
   0.7.400.2.0 now keeps us at the (roughly monthly) cadence which works as a good
   compromise between getting updates out at Conrad's sometimes frantic pace, while
   keeping CRAN (and Debian) uploads to about once per month.

   So we may continue the pattern of helping Conrad with thorough regression tests by
   building against all (by now 253 (!!)) CRAN dependencies, but keeping release at the
   GitHub repo and only uploading to CRAN at most once a month.

   Armadillo is a powerful and expressive C++ template library for linear algebra
   aiming towards a good balance between speed and ease of use with a syntax
   deliberately close to a Matlab.

   The new upstream release adds new more helper functions. Detailed changes in this
   release relative to the previous CRAN release are as follows:

    Changes in RcppArmadillo version 0.7.400.2.0 (2016-08-24)

       * Upgraded to Armadillo release 7.400.2 (Feral Winter Deluxe)

            * added expmat_sym(), logmat_sympd(), sqrtmat_sympd()

            * added .replace()

    Changes in RcppArmadillo version 0.7.300.1.0 (2016-07-30)

       * Upgraded to Armadillo release 7.300.1

            * added index_min() and index_max() standalone functions

            * expanded .subvec() to accept size() arguments

            * more robust handling of non-square matrices by lu()

   Courtesy of CRANberries, there is a diffstat report. More detailed information is on
   the RcppArmadillo page. Questions, comments etc should go to the rcpp-devel mailing
   list off the R-Forge page.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org