[Rcpp-devel] Shared code in C++ files

JJ Allaire jj.allaire at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:55:06 CEST 2016

I don't know enough about the mechanics of your scenario to comment
intelligently, but I would in general agree with Dirk that if there is a
way to put something like this in a package that's the way it ought to be
done. You could certainly dispatch to different C++ functions within a
package using a variety of mechanisms including C++ templates, C-style
function pointers, etc. (the mechanics of doing so for your situation I'm
unsure of, but it should be possible).