[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp/ Boost linking problem

Diego Monteiro dvm1607 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 22:55:38 CEST 2015

Good Evening.

I am pretty new to this programming universe, but I was given a task to
create an R/C++ package.

I am trying to link a third-party library to my R/C++ code using Rcpp
0.12.0 , I have successfully used other third party libraries on my R/C++,
but when I try to use this one that uses boost my R gives me the following
error:

** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/home/diego/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.2/TesteTerralib/libs/TesteTerralib.so':

/home/diego/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.2/TesteTerralib/libs/TesteTerralib.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN5boost6system15system_categoryEv
Error: loading failed
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed

I have boost 1.59.0 installed, but apparently it could not be linked.
Searching online I have found that maybe adding the flag -lboost_system to
the g++ it would work, but I don't know how to add this flag when using
RStudio nor just R in the terminal. Could anybody tell me what should I do?

Best Regards
Diego.