[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp package building

Hmamouche Youssef hmamoucheyussef at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:02:05 CET 2015

Hi Dirk,

I agree, very small world :).

For example, I have installed my package on Mac using  R CMD install 'package', so I had already C/C++ compiler, it works well. Then I generate the tar.gz package using  R CMD build ‘package'.

But, when I try to install the tar.gz package on other machines (Mac Or Windows in my case), I must have a C/C++ compiler..

The point is that i like to install it without C/C++ compiler on the other machines.

Following the ancient discussions of this email,  I have to generate the binary package using:     R CMD INSTALL --build ‘package', rather than R CMD build ‘package’.

So in my case, there is a difference between R CMD INSTALL —build and R CMD build when generating a binary package.

Thanks Dirk,

Youssef