[Rcpp-devel] Windows set C++11 flag for new compiler

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Tue Nov 10 17:42:31 CET 2015

On Tue, 2015-11-10 at 10:30 -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 10 November 2015 at 10:18, Charles Determan wrote:
> | Okay, is there a way for me to use the newer compiler for building the package
> | on Windows?  I've tried everything I can think of and fail to get the new one
> | to register when building a package.
>
> Set CXX1X in Makevars or in R's $RHOME/etc/Makeconf

It is the flag CXX1XSTD that should be overridden. With the Windows CRAN
binary it is set to:

CXX1XSTD = -std=c++0x

For more details on custom compilation see section 6.3.3 of the R
Installation and Administration manual (a.k.a R-admin)

Martyn

> Dirk

This message and its attachments are strictly confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, please immediately notify
the sender and delete it. Since its integrity cannot be guaranteed,
its content cannot involve the sender's responsibility. Any misuse,
any disclosure or publication of its content, either whole or partial,
is prohibited, exception made of formally approved use