[Rcpp-devel] BH 1.58.0-0 pre-release

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 14 14:43:01 CEST 2015

A test release BH 1.58.0-0 is now available in the ghrr drat repo.

It has been tested against all direct reverse depends (see below), but if you
use BH in a published or unpublished package, I would greatly appreciate
further testing.

I plan to submit this to CRAN in about a week -- unless issues arise. To find
these, we need testers. So please consider helping. To test, just do

  drat::addRepo("ghrr")    # after   install.packages("drat")   if needed
  install.package("BH)     # or just   update.packages()

or just do

  install.packages("BH", repo="http://ghrr.github.io/drat")

The package has been checked against all 34 reverse depends. Of these 34, a
full 30 passed without any issues. One (ddalpha) requires a one-line patch
for a missing header which I will send to to the upstream authors. Another
one (msgl) one has been known to fail tests for months now so this is not a
new failure. Lastly, two (dplyr,nabor) build but fail in their tests as the
tests require a package listed only in Suggests which I consider to be a bug
in these packages (and/or R CMD check).

In the process of preparing BH 1.58.0, I also learned about a weakness in the
bcp copying mechanism we use to build the package: some files reached only by
MACRO expansion were not copied so I thought I had found a bug (filed as
ticket #11301 at the Boost Trac site) but I now know how to correct the build.

So I do expect this package to be fine.  But please help testing so that a
watertight package gets to CRAN in a few days.

Thanks,  Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org