[Rcpp-devel] dataptr not in Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 11 05:52:03 CEST 2015

If I google "function 'dataptr' not provided by package 'Rcpp'" I get 1060
hits -- as this used to be one of two "tells" when Rcpp 0.10.* switched to
Rcpp 0.11.* and the 'no longer linking with libRcpp.*' required a different
instantiation.

Now, the package you want (TAM) is fine on CRAN, and as you say on R 3.1.1
with Rcpp 0.11.5 -- so when you say

  "but I would like to run it under the earlier release, as that is what is
  required to use it within SPSS."

"all" you have to do is to consistently build the older releases.  Ie for the
R mandated by SPSS pick with Rcpp that was released then, build it and the
install the TAM that was current then.

One you have that come back, and we can try to helo you "backport" the
current TAM to the versions of R and Rcpp you may be forced to use.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org