[Rcpp-devel] loading failed

Fabio Tordini tordini at di.unito.it
Tue May 5 23:08:41 CEST 2015

Ok, I found the 'scrm' Rcpp package: here the file scrmr.cpp provides an
interface for calling the scrm C++ application from R. following their
solution, I modified my Makevars file, adding:

OBJECTS.PnuChart = ngraph.o RcppExports.o
OBJECTS.PnuChart = PnuChart/Finder.o
OBJECTS = $(OBJECTS.PnuChart)

Now the linker finds the object files and knows where functions "are".
so, previous error is solved.

but loading still fails with the following message:

  /home/fabio/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.0/NgrapH/libs/NgrapH.so:
undefined symbol: gsl_vector_alloc
Error: loading failed

In fact, I do use gsl, that's why I added RcppGSL in the DESCRIPTION
file at 'LinkingTo'. Also, I use the attribute
'// [[Rcpp::depends(RcppGSL)]]' in those headers where GSL functions are
used, and included <RcppGSL.h>. I do not export those functions because
they're not called directly from R.

still, I get the loading failed error.

Fabio