[Rcpp-devel] Function arguments to R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 4 15:35:48 CEST 2015

On 3 May 2015 at 20:04, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| Not to sound too flippant but if code and doc are amiss, you could fix either
| the doc side, or the code side:
|
|  i)   don't document in Rd
|
|  ii)  export myfun() by adding   // [[Rcpp::export]]    above it
|
| There is simply no formal connection between Modules and Rd files.

Forgot to add that there is hope.

RcppR6 by Rich (CC'ed) is the single most credible alternative to using
Modules, and it "simply" (there is a bit of pre-processing machinery)
converts into using Attributes.  So at that point your documentation is
simply the same as for normal functions.

RcppR6 is not on CRAN yet so we all need to shame Rich into getting it there.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org